Thursday, April 1, 2010

Let's Make the "I Can" Bug the "We Can" Epidemic

Kiran Bir Sethi teaches kids to take charge | Video on TED.com




Kiran Bir Sethi's talk is just incredible! What I love is that it really puts the featured children on the same level as great figures of our time. Moreover, she shows how this empowerment process became systematic and replicable so it could infect all of India. When we reach out to kids and try to inspire them with the legends of Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King, Jr., we also need to inspire them with the stories of their peers so that they walk away utterly convinced that they are truly capable of enacting change.

Now I have a challenge for our team: can we make a similar epidemic happen in the U.S.? I think so, and I think we are definitely on the path to sweeping the nation. Keep following us on our journey!

All the best,

The Social Outreach Team
[posted by Sheba Mathew]

No comments:

Post a Comment